Friday 26 March 2010

Switch off for Earth Hour

by Christine McLaughlin

The WWF wants 1 billion people to switch off their lights tomorrow for an hour from 8.30pm.  This brilliant idea is designed to get people thinking about reducing their carbon footprint.  Now in its fourth year, however, the event is in danger of becoming an annual ritual that allows people to think they are doing 'something' to prevent the impending climate chaos without actually taking effective action
The only way we can hope to avert disaster on a global scale is by acting immediately on a personal and political level.  Our homes, offices and places of leisure are flooding the environment with toxic emissions.  We all need to take responsibility for the future.  We all know how to reduce our environmental footprint with simple steps such as turning down the thermostat, recycling more, buying fewer clothes, conserving water or eating less meat, so why not choose to mark Earth Hour with one or two resolutions that will make a difference to the Earth and its inhabitants?
Politically, the only choice for our communities and our planet is the Green Party.  We stand for social justice and environmental responsibility.  Our policies are innovative and dynamic: find out more about them here.  Vote Margaret Westbrook in Trafford for a greener future.

7 comments:

  1. hello. i would like to ask you guys to please like this video. they danced to many artists songs and one of it was Shinee's LOVE LIKE OXYGEN . hope you guys will like it. thank you.claw foot tub faucetsONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy Trenпрессформы изготовление Oh? This is new to me. I do not know about it. You did very well. Wish you a nice day.
    Uhm. You say true. I think so. Wish you good luck.good night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say your painting is far from crap if these are the results you produce! I'd be more than happy with that standard of painting. Thanks also for the tip of using a dark green-gray as a highlight for black. I will try it. I find a sand/buff color useful for red highlights.
    forumlinkbuilding companyGames Download

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Economou Dragoon looks really good -but more like a hussar to me. Yet, given the 'balkanic' cultural background of Cavenderia, a dragoon can well be in 'hungarian' dress there...
    So good to see 18th C. such revival of 18th c. Cavenderia!
    Cheers,
    Jean-Louis
    ForumLinkBuilding

    nevada job list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, I support Koenig Krieg and BAR for SYW battles ... but that's me :)
    Sounds like an audacious plan you've got! I can barely see the 15's now, so I decided not to shrink to 10's though they would be really handy for me in my condition!
    :)
    Ambrose
    ben 10 games

    rolex replica

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice looking cavalry regiment. I hope that you can make it to the SYWA convention. I'm sure that you will have better luck in the game. I think that "aisle between the tables" caught you off guard. I watched you play in other games and I can say that you are a good wargamer. so chalk it up to some bad luck, nothing more than that.
    Boots Sale
    cute girls clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a guy who doesn't smoke many cigars you have a great collection. As you know I like collecting these boxes too. Great idea for a still life when the weather is crap. I also like the sense of light and strong composition.
    Inpatient Treatment

    Libros gratis

    ReplyDelete